Monday, April 6, 2009

All we need is the baby!

I am officially 1 week overdue, and my Dr is MIA. Well, I know where she is, but she is not here and won't be until Thursday. SOOO....I have a different Dr. She is highly recommended by Dr. Anderson, and she must know a thing or 2 because 1)she's a dr...,and 2)she was my Dr's instructor.

I had a scare yesterday morning when I realized I hadn't felt Naomi move for 24 hours. Of course, when I call this new dr, the receptionist tells me that a Dr. Beach doesn't exist...I was like, "whatever, can you connect me to the on-call then?" (She does exsist...) It turned out to be a guy who doesn't speak English very well and wasn't even an OB! Ugh, I finally call the L&D, but by that time Naomi had moved slightly a few times. Whew!

I am feeling very anxious. I want to meet Naomi so much!!! Stephen is getting impatient! :)
I am praying that I go into labor soon because if she is not here by Thursday morning, I have to induce. Something with the placenta being "old" and not giving enough nutrients to the baby as well as the fact that she doesn't want Naomi getting too big for me to deliver. (I would appreciate your prayers!) If I induce, there is a risk for C-section and Labor will most likely be hard. If I don't, by then there is a risk of c-Section and hard labor because baby is too big...

However, if I induce, it will most likely be Thursday night or Friday...so we will have our little Naomi by the end of the week!!

Oh, and trust me...I have tried EVERYTHING to get this baby going! I honestly believe that the things people suggest to me don't work whatsoever! :) She is gonna come when she is good and ready apparently!

4 comments:

anne said...

NOTHING works. They are all wives tales. It will happen when it happens.
I will PRAY and PRAY for you this week and that you go into labor on your own before Thursday. I was induced with Maxwell and it was NOT fun. Tons of pitocin (which makes labor pains about a millions times worse...keep in mind I was on like the highest dose) and then after 36 hrs of labor a c-section!
I'm not trying to scare you!
Both Evan and Liam were early and I had them both naturally and Liam was 9 lbs. 9oz. !!!
Whatever happens,I'm praying and I know many others too! Can't wait to "meet" Naomi! :)

Unknown said...

Anne, i actually have heard this story about you...that is one of the main reasons i don't want to induce. :) ugh...c-section...my biggest fear...

Daughter of Eve said...

Praying, Cameron! God will protect you and your sweet little girl! I miss you, and I can't wait to meet Naomi! :)

~Rebekah~

Daughter of Eve said...

I'm worried! It's Thursday morning and I haven't heard anything...Praying, praying, praying! I love you!

~Rebekah~