
Well, the last few weeks have been an adventure...that's really the only way to explain it. We are now almost 9 weeks pregnant according to calculations, but that might change tomorrow when we have our first Ultrasound! We are both very excited about this, and we can't wait to finally hold our own child in our arms! I love watching Stephen play with his nieces, Natalie and Emma. It shows me that he will be a wonderful father. I can't wait to be a mommy!
We first found out when we were about 5 weeks along. It's been really hard to keep it a secret since then, and even as I am writing this we have yet to tell everyone. We told a few key people: parents, best friends, and a couple people that I could go to with questions. Some people have guessed: my boss for one, who basically asked me straight out when I am due... We have also had so many people ask us when we will be having children, and we want to tell them that we are, but can't.
We decided a while ago that we would attempt to wait until the 2nd Trimester to tell everyone that we are pregnant. The main reason is that we had a miscarriage in March, and we understand how vulnerable our baby is right now. We want to make sure that everything is ok before we spread the good news.
There haven't been too many hardships with this pregnancy yet. I have to eat all day long to avoid feeling nauseous. The average symptoms are there, but not unbearable. I have been having major insomnia, waking up at random hours in the night, like 3:30 or 2AM. Then I can't get back to bed until 6 or 7AM. Up until yesterday I had no problems with morning sickness. Yesterday it came with full force! Ug, I don't think I can eat Raisin Bran for a long time... I now understand what it means to feel like you have been hit by a truck, as one woman posted on twoweekwait.com. I was EXHAUSTED, weak, and every muscle was sore! I slept pretty much the entire day and even through the entire night!!!
Anyway, Stephen and I thought that we would start a blog now to keep track of this experience, even though most people won't read this until September when we are finally able to tell everyone. I promise that the next posts won't be as long as this one! By the way, we were thinking Naomi Grace if we have a girl or Josiah Stephen it its a boy!
1 comment:
I will be the first to comment and say Congratulations on your new blog!! Oh... and on having a baby too... :)
Post a Comment