We just got back from the Dr.'s appointment, and first, I really like my Dr because she is really nice and professional, and she seems to have a midwife way of doing things. I asked her about the birthing plans, and she said she will be comfortable doing things the way I want to do them...meaning any position for birth, with/without meds, etc. She won't pressure me at all unless there is something wrong with me or the baby. That was nice to hear. She also spent time to listen to me and talk things through...although with all of the reading I have been doing and talking with a few experienced family members, I didn't have many questions...I'll have to start writing them down now.
She seemed surprised when I said I was 11 weeks along and coming in for my first appointment...I didn't even have to ask to hear the heartbeat! She asked me! It was really funny because as she was getting the Doppler ready, she was telling me not to get disappointed or freaked out if we don't hear the heartbeat this early, and the second she turned it on, there it was! She was surprised, and it was great to actually hear it! So reassuring that everything is going fine! Stephen went with me, and he looked really happy! Dr. Anderson said our baby's heart was about 150 beats per minute....very good! And today I am apparently 11 weeks and 2 days. Again, that will probably change!
3 comments:
Congrats guys!!! I am so happy for you both..Wow the Pickering family is certainly growing by the year=) How fun to have all the cousins around the same age...they'll grow up together just like us!!!
Hello Pickering Family - Congratulations on the wonderful baby news! I thought I would send you a quick note and tell you about the Bradley Birthing Class available in Janesville. Neil and I took this class when we were expecting Josiah and loved it. It is a natural, husband-coached method of childbirth that covers so much info. We talked about nutrition, exercises, birth plans, etc. If you want anymore info, send me an email at zamzowkj23@uww.edu and I'd be happy to share. Again, congrats - I hope all goes well!
Katie Lubke
Holy crud you're preggo!
What i really mean to say is... Congratulations! I've never met your husband, but i really think you'll be a wonderful mother. I look forward to your updates!
~kelly strommen
Post a Comment