Wow! I have been MIA for a while! I am Soo happy that I am finally in my 2nd trimester! 14 weeks! Actually, I'll be 15 weeks this weekend. I have had a lot of questions from people lately, and I think the main one is,
"are you going to find out what you're having?" The answer to that is yes. We figure it's a surprise either way, and I like to plan ahead for things. We are actually going to find out in about 5 weeks!
The second most asked question is "Do you want a boy or girl?" We are going to be extremely happy with either one. We have 2 neices that we are in love with, and it will be wonderful to add to that group of girls...(I think Stephen would love to have a "daddy's little girl")...yet we also think it would be fun to have the first boy of the family. :) We are praying that we have a happy, healthy baby!
"Are you showing yet?" I am! A little, and enough for some of my customers at work and people at church to take notice.
"Have you been able to feel the baby yet?" Well, no. But most people don't for a little while longer. I hear that first time mom's actually don't feel the baby until it is big enough for harder kicks. Although some people swear they feel the baby as early as 11 weeks! I don't know...
Anyway, those are the main questions...Here is some really cool info about the baby's progress:
"This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches(the size of a lemon) and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week, a sign that it's doing its job right, and his spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet are about 1/2 inch long and very active."
No comments:
Post a Comment