Monday, February 22, 2010

Getting prepared for Naomi's 1st birthday



It's already that time! Oh my, how time flies!! I have been keeping a list of ideas in the back of my mind for her very 1st birthday party. It's going to be a simple party, with only immediate family and great-grandparents invited. I want it to be fresh, simple, and pretty!

Theme: Spring with Butterflies

Here is her cake: (It's so pretty)
It's going to be covered with whipped white frosting. The candles are going to look like sticks with paper butterflies attached.

I am going to buy tulips for the tables as centerpieces, along with pretty napkins, red plates, and pretty tableclothes. http://www.hostessblog.com/2008/04/modern-butterfly/

There will be a paper scrapbook birthday banner hung in the dining room, which I will make. I think I might bring out her Japanese lanterns and glues paper scrapbook butterflies on them like this

As for food, I am going to do appetizers and simple finger foods. I want to use my grandmother's glass punch bowl and matching glass cups, so I am going to try and find a fun punch recipe.

For her present, Stephen and I are writing and illustrating a children's book for Naomi called, "The Very Angry Princess", dedicated to our own little princess who has her moments. We are also making a documentary-style video to be shown at her party, from when we went to the hospital, her birth (minus inappropriate parts :) to the first 12 months of her life.

BTW, this is sooo pretty!

No comments: